I wish you a very Happy Valentines Day!
May it be filled with
I posted my very favorite recipe for chocolate cake a few years ago on my previous blog, and know what? I am STILL asked about that delicious treat! I thought it would be nice to give you that recipe again this Valentines Day! It’s a basic recipe from Hershey’s but it is really REALLY good, as a matter of fact it’s been my ‘go to’ recipe for chocolate cake for many years. Get your chocolate on!
“PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE” Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- “PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE” CHOCOLATE FROSTING (recipe follows)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- 2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost with “PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE” CHOCOLATE FROSTING. Makes 12 servings.
*Note: if you have a little espresso powder, a tsp. never hurts— add it with the cocoa powder. Also, this recipe says it serves 12. That is a lie. It serves 2. With spoons. And ice cream. 🙂
Happy Valentines Day | Studio TKB